11.30.2008

let there be light...

Since Sue and Doug were headed to NYC this Thanksgiving to spend time with Kristen, Patty/Jim/Buoy headed to the Musacc house!

Initially, all I could be thankful for was that I didn't have to ride up in Dad's truck. I thought Patty was exaggerating a bit when she conveyed the seriously uncomfortable noise that was bothering her in the truck. She told me that it even made the noise when the engine was turned off - I thought she was loony for sure. They pull up... the truck is turned off... the noise is hideous! I continued making a Musacchio sauce dinner in the kitchen (courtesy of home delivery from Sue and Doug this fall - thanks!) while Todd and his hearing helped find the source. I kid you not, the noise was coming from something called a loudmouth! With Mom and I around, I doubt he really needed to purchase one of these! Thankfully, it has an OFF switch and they rode home in relative comfort. For the record, I would not have been willing or able to ride with that noise - honestly, whether I loved my daughter or not. Thanks, Mom.

Why was the truck such a necessary evil? The ladders...

The next day brought some challenges, but I was happy mine were in the kitchen and not at the tip top of these ladders! Dad and Todd managed to change out the hideous stock brass and glass monstrosity AND didn't fall. They wrapped up just as dinner was served and we were all truly thankful.


Taken from the catwalk to our room - only 19 feet up. Something just seems right with the world now that this light is in place. The dimmer doesn't hurt things either. Thanks Dad!


The men were just a bit tired though... Todd was still recuperating from when I had him convinced I was ONLY making mashed YAMS. Classic.


Every holiday movie in the house (except the love stories) was played - alternating with sports - while I decorated the tree.

Buoy was exhausted from watching me on the [much smaller] ladder and Todd was using the lens I bought him for Christmas last year... peaceful pup. We were all far too relaxed.


Patty had effectively claimed her chair when Todd caught her at her cutest.


We really didn't drug him - he's just that cute. Oh Basil!


Really, he's just gazing at my masterpiece! My favorite ever...


better than foyer chandeliers... better than glass bird ornaments with fluffy feathers...

better than mashed yams and dinner at the new table...

my family.


'thankful' doesn't do it justice,
jamie.

No comments: