He finally got out of her that they were going to the Fifth Avenue Ballroom to meet up with friends - but she still had a few (Ohioans) up her sleeve. Not long after they got to the bar and played some pool, Clay made a surprise appearance and then Todd and I weren't far behind. Have I mentioned that I LOVE surprising people?
Thais even baked a special G-Unit cake: white cake with coconut icing and cookies in the shape of the Audi symbol. The Fire Marshall would have been pleased to see that she used Happy Birthday letters instead of 30 candles!
We had a table going the entire time - I didn't play much, but had a great view!
Todd wore the perfect shirt :) Here he is with the master planner...
She's famous - I wanted a photo too!
The next day, Thais and I did some damage shopping and the guys spent some quality time at Lifetime Fitness playing basketball, lifting, swimming, hitting the sauna/steam room - you name it! Then, we all met up to see 007 - Quantum of Solace. Then, it was off to the Macaroni Grill. Despite the bad weather, full bellies and jam packed day... we still had just enough energy to get dressed up for a visit to the MGM Casino's V!
Michigan is a bit behind the times and smokers are everywhere - combined with a lack of light, the photos aren't too great, but we had fun! Here are Todd, Garrett, Johannes and Clay. Johannes lives near Garrett - he's in the States for just a few weeks from Germany - what a group he fell into!
This is one lucky man... happy 30th Garrett! (he still had about 4 days left of his 20's at this point).
Clay, Todd and I headed back to Ohio on Sunday - just a few miles into the trip an IKEA appeared - darn! We all made some new friends: Todd found some hippos...
Michigan has two redeeming qualities: GREAT FRIENDS and IKEA. It was wonderful to surprise Garrett, meet his friends and enjoy an action-packed weekend. Cheers to Thais for putting together a perfect celebration for Garrett!
dreaming of Clayton on the horse,
jamie.

3 comments:
that was brave of Todd wearing that OSU shirt...you guys are so cute.
This party was only special because of you guys!
Thanks so much for everything!
ps: I used your present this past weekend! He loved it!
Hugs,
ThaĆs
Musaccs - thank you both so much for visiting MI and making my birthday weekend a huge surprise. Your blog about my party is too much; you make me seem like someone important. I had a great time! Since you guys survived one weekend, you know that I'll be inviting you up north for another...
Post a Comment