We have a new family member, Robbie. He was a gift from my friend Jason and seems to love traveling! He didn't actually hit the slopes, don't worry.
After some of the best pre-season conditions we've ever had, we visited the hot tub and then headed to do some Christmas shopping.
Holiday Valley is located in Ellicottville, NY - an absolutely charming town with yummy eats and key winter sport shopping. It was snowing so hard both nights that we didn't take any night shots with the tripod, but Todd snapped a few on Saturday evening. I'm pretty sure I purchased a gift for Kristen immediately after this photo...
We've honestly been looking forward to dinner at dina's since we paid the check in December 2007. We were drawn there last year because the sign above the door is back-lit metal and it just looked like "our kind of place". We're talking favorites now...
I effectively polished off perfectly rare tuna and managed to steal several bites from Todd's PERFECT garlic gorgonzola chicken. Add a bottle of wine and a brownie to wrap up and call it heaven. I honestly didn't want the dinner to end - so, I captured my view for future reference...
After drinking 3 glasses of wine, the pretenious guy next to us didn't seem so annoying... I could barely hear him and his obnoxious stories. When I noted this change in my surroundings, Todd replied, "Now, you're on my level". It was nice to effectively tune out the rest of the world (a skill my husband has mastered). Too bad it isn't acceptable to drink at work. ;)
Just a few days until the most special of all, Peek'n Peak!
let it snow - let it snow - let it snow,
jamie.

1 comment:
It's fun to live vicariously through your fun adventures! Enjoy these times together! Your Christmas card was beautiful...you're such a cute little clever couple! :) I'm sure Patty told you about the cold wagon ride and the very talkative kids. After spending an evening with my rugrats, she might not be as anxious for grandchildren! Love to you both and have a beautiful Christmas!
The Wilt 5
Post a Comment