Let's rennovate our master bath! One last snapshot before 'the storm'.
The handiest dad of them all may have been granted an only daughter, but I've been proud to be relatively handy through the years - moreso after owning my first home. I bought two floor chisels while Todd was in Florida... Dad was willing to help us with the bathroom, but not ripping out the tile. Brilliant man. That tile defeated me - it was terrible and I was useless. I've done a lot, but Todd gets all credit for the old tile making an exit. A swift exit, along with all of the cultured marble tub surround, the terrible white cabinet and dance studio size mirror - GONE! Once Dad arrived, I heard a quick conversation between the boys and then heard a saw cutting into our less than favorite shower. Now or never, I guess.
Dad inspects the new vanity... confirms that I'm wanting him to change our single light fixture to three sconces... then gets out the saw and cuts out the drywall! Takes me back to our kitchen backsplash when he looked at Todd and said, "nah, we'll just move the switch". Sure, we'll just rip out the wall - no big deal!
This gem of a contractor, father and friend stayed and worked on the tile while Todd and I went to work. He returned the following weekend (Easter) and continued to work. I hate taking up his time and asking for help on these projects instead of him getting to just relax, but look at the progress on the shower - go Daddy go! :)
Last piece! I thought this was monumental - he didn't react too much. Quite possibly because he knew there were dozens of boxes waiting in the wings for the rest of the walls.
The days leading up to Easter weren't the easiest (see the next post), but it certainly was a nice weekend. We enjoyed the company (and hard labor of) our wonderful parents and managed to fit in some relaxation and quality time with Easter baskets along the way.
This may have been the first full party in the new dining room. We truly are blessed to have such a wonderful family. The only thing missing (it certainly wasn't candy) was Kristen.
who took the jelly rabbits?
jamie.

No comments:
Post a Comment