4.28.2009

maid of the mist...

It's about 3pm and my cell phone rings at work... it's Todd and apparently, we're going to an Indians game that night. One catch, it's been raining all day and likely to drop to freezing temps. Let's go! Dollar Dog Night and they were playing the Red Sox - I knew we were going! We were, for the first time ever, prepared for the weather - out came the ski/snowboarding gear and we headed downtown.


We soon find out that our seats are just to the right of home plate and about 5 rows 4 back. Fantastic seats - we could even see Youkilis and his weird girly pre-swing :) I'll admit the seats were great, but I was so scared a foul ball was going to shoot back and hit me in the face - Fever Pitch style!

I thought for sure we'd head out by 10 since we had to work in the morning... it was one of the longest 9-inning games in history; honestly, not just in my mind, it really was. Around 10 when I sought confirmation that we would be leaving soon - I heard, "look at these seats - it's the Red Sox vs. Indians - it's Dollar Dog night - and it's tied in the bottom of the 7th" - oh yeah, we were staying. It may have seemed like the Niagara Maid of the Mist in winter, but we had a great time. Todd had this smile on his face until after the 3rd hot dog of the night.


After all of the game drama, the Indians ended up scoring a winning run on a Red Sox error - how embarrassing! At least Mustard won the race... GO MUSTARD GO!



hey now, you're the one who said you'd get a dog every time the guy showed up in our section...

jamie.

No comments: