Grandma Holobaugh was quite a strong-willed person... probably had to be in order to raise the rowdy bunch pictured below :) See the one to Grandma's left with the 'thumb-in-the-pocket' attitude - that's Uncle Terry (that married us...). To the right of Grandma, my gorgeous father.
My Grandmother passed away just a few days ago - just before Easter. She did many good things in her life, my favorite of which was bringing James G. into the world. No wonder she looks so proud - what a looker! The last few years weren't easy for Grandma, but I knew she loved the OSU blanket we got for her and I loved knowing that she wanted it with her at all times. I'll miss her, but this is how I'll remember her - beaming with pride for her Jim.
Big Walnut High... I rolled through about 30 years later.
It's easy to take things like benefits at work for granted... maybe it's because I'm the HR Manager, but I was thankful that both Todd and I were able to be with my family and say goodbye to my Grandmother, without having to take time without pay or use vacation. My co-workers were very supportive and made it possible for me to spend time reminiscing instead of hiding in the corner with my blackberry. I did pull it out to add the cell phone numbers of three of my cousins that are all under the age of 12 - that's another story!
My Mom's work sent these beautiful flowers... I'll never turn down an orange gerbera daisy - they're now brightening my kitchen.
comforted that Dad tucked in her OSU blanket,
jamie.

1 comment:
I am so saddened and sorry to hear about your Grandmother.
Post a Comment