8.01.2009

when you get here, come in...

I can't take credit for planning the fantastic night out to celebrate Aaron's birthday because he took on the task himself. He probably won't sign up to be a party planner, but he did a great job. He managed to get his family (Mary, Kevin, Melissa and Ted) and friends (Laura, James, Todd and I) to Brennan's Fish House at the right time. It helped that he was in the car because I kept looking for Pickle Pete's (which is really Pickle Bill's - I like my name better). He clearly didn't have a lot of faith in us managing the small details though... we heard him on the phone with his mom saying, "when you get here [to the restaurant], come in". Oh, Cole.

The round table camera action wasn't overly successful, but James, Laura, Aaron and Todd played along.


While the food was good, I was intently focused on the promise of dessert at The Willoughby Brewing Company. The menu there was incredible - I wish it wasn't such a trek to the east side... entrees like mashed potato pizza were very enticing but "that stomach" was full - it was time for DESSERT! Aaron was dilligent in his reservation making efforts and managed to get a well-located booth at the last available time so that we could camp there the entire night. He is wonderful and, after our last Spazmatics experience, knew I would want to be strategicly seated - the emphasis on seated - instead of having to battle drunken 80's fans.

Aaron isn't really a "dessert person" (what?!?!?) but the rest of us enjoyed some treats... without chocolate, I really struggle to qualify it as dessert, but Mary and Laura loved the bread pudding.


I worked on this warm cookie sundae until I was nearly ill... it still makes me tear up a bit when I think about the cookie left behind. It was truly amazing - I thoroughly enjoyed celebrating Aaron's birthday for him.


Laura and I asked James several times what he was getting - he responded, "this... this is my dessert". The presentation of the brew sampler was pretty impressive - I think one was even a chocolate stout and therefore dessert indeed.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLE! We love you!

I'll take my Spazmatics with a booth and side of sundae,
jamie.

No comments: