8.08.2009

2 cakes...

Todd went to Aaron's on Friday night... on Saturday morning, my day seriously improved when Auntie Karn, Mom and Melanie came to visit!

Two cakes for 4 ladies! One cake for each special Vandemark birthday girl. I've driven past Sweetheart USA for years now and seriously questioned the name they chose for their business... these cheesecakes were nothing short of amazing so I've given them a free pass on the name.

Happy Birthday to Auntie Karn (April celebration was sabotaged)...


and Happy Birthday Mom!


We managed to open gifts before diving into the cakes.

Among many lovely items, a necklace for Mom...



Take a look at this reaction - you'd think I bought her diamonds...


Oh no - that reaction was for Coconut m&ms. She seriously cracks me up.

The package of (admittedly delicious) m&ms finally made its way over to cousin Mellie. Patty shares sometimes.


Don't you think it is time for cake?!?


Cake, Stir Crazy, shopping, more cake and Across the Universe on Saturday night... what fun.


Mellie had to head home on Sunday... Todd returned and had plans to take Auntie Karn for a birthday dinner at Abuelos! Up until her Mexican dining experience in Vegas for Todd's birthday last year, she thought the fare was nothing more than Taco Bell. Abuelos passed the test!


Once the cake and talking began, I was far too distracted to document the many fantastic moments. I find myself in complete disbelief when I try to wrap my head around this phenomenal family of mine. Thank you for coming to visit and "creating some memories" with us!

when good digits go bad,
jamie.

1 comment:

Kathy Nutter said...

Jenny and I sure missed out! Your pictures are great!