2.22.2009

oh, I thought that was a wall...

For well over a year (maybe longer), I've heard Todd and Aaron talk about a band called the Spazmatics. We have planned to see them many times, to no avail - even though they have regularly scheduled visits to a bar near our house - the Loose Moose. Nevertheless, we tried again and invited my cousin Holly. Her friend, Dustin, took her word for it that 237 was the place to be and they headed north.

What we didn't know was that the Loose Moose had decided to start taking reservations for dinner prior to the Spazmatics shows. Snagging a booth and some food beforehand was out of the question so we headed for the Winking Lizard. Third time is a charm? Todd's really funny - sorry.


I'm only about 90 minutes away, but Holly misses me sometimes. I took a self portrait so she could SEE me say hello anytime she wants. Or, get a nice scare...


Turns out - we should be happy we didn't eat at the Moose... AAA was there and I do NOT mean the travel club. Three smells we could have gone all night without smelling - Armpits, Ass and Aqua Net (it's an 80's band). I had my fill of the ladies in front of me that insisted on making me miserable so I did a bit of an unexpected mocking dance/freakout. The guys were trying to figure out what was happening, Holly was laughing so hard I'm pretty sure she cried... then the girl (which I was thorougly mocking) said, "Oh my GOSH! Are you okay?". Yep - I'm fine - so they say. :) Except for the malodorous surroundings, the severe beating we took from overcrowded drunken dance party rejects... and the "wall" that turned out to be a woman, the show was great. Honestly, the band is fantastic (look at these outfits) - I just need some PPE (personal protective equipment) for the next try.



It was time to start our own party - one absent of AAA... back to 237!

Dustin had no idea what he was in for - look at that face!


Oh yes, the mullets made another appearance - doubt you're surprised. These bartenders pour heavy, but don't point out the raven-haired one needs a touch-up or she'll knock you out.


Dustin sent a photo of himself with the wig to a girl (Jessica?)... she wrote back something along the lines of "That's great - how did you get so close to take the photo?". Um, yeah, "that's me", said Dustin. Classic.


There were some dance-off moments reminicent of the famous Todd & Holly showdown, but here's a solo shot... old skool.



Only took a dozen test shots (those are the real winners)...



Dustin - you're welcome back anytime... we hope you visit often when you're sick of the sun.


Holly... for the last time, if I knew who grabbed you I would have punched them,
jamie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun night!! I love visiting 237! Next time maybe we can avoid the AAA, haha! I will be back very soon! :) Lova ya!!!