All at the Peak - that was the goal... other than the benefits of having everything at the ski resort we love and cherish, it helped that people weren't traipsing through snow the entire weekend! The rehearsal and rehearsal dinner following were held in the Nottingham room - this is a room that for at least 6 seasons straight, Todd and Sean have infiltrated and wondered what it could be used for - now they know. Sue and Doug were so generous - they hosted "A Taste of Italy" and we had an absolutely wonderful time with 40 of our closest friends and family.
Leading up to the wedding, I thought about how long I really had known Todd... sounds like a funny thought, but it was the better part of 10 years that we'd been in each others lives. You know what that means - a lot of photos! This is the slideshow we enjoyed after dinner - I heard a few questions about whether it was one of us in some of them - apparently we had quite a few different styles. Enjoy...
[sorry, the slideshow is a bit large for the site - I'll try to sort it out and include later]
We're lucky there was any food or beverages at the party since these two wedding bandits made an appearance! Between Bethany & Bennett playing with napkins and Schal throwing grapes at random guests... we knew the bar was serving its purpose.

The evening wouldn't have been complete without a trip to the French Creek Tavern. This is the pinnacle of the trip every year and we eat dinner and battle at table shuffleboard every night of every trip - we couldn't let this be the first and we'd be partying at the lodge the next night (reception!). Everyone feels the love at the tavern - it's facilitated by the shuffleboard, wings and amberbock/genny light!
That night I had a sleepover with Erin and Eric. Eric seemed to be in awe that we were taking this HUGE step the next day - Erin's head was certainly spinning and thinking that they would never be engaged.With Bobbi yelling "bring it in tight" and LOVE EACH OTHER - she felt the need to rock out and get everyone relaxed. Bethany thought it was time to break out the moves! Just about 1000 more photos before the vows are said and the party starts...

Here's the family (minus sister Kristen, of course)...

The ceremony (officiated by my Uncle Terry) was as close to perfect as I could have ever imagined. Justin, the ever-popular DJ, even pronounced "introducing Mr. & Mrs. Todd Musacchio" with absolute perfection!
Time to cut the cake and have Todd blame me for biting him...
I tried to keep my composure through the ceremony - I did quite well considering how surreal it all was. Then came the first dance. Todd shocked me more than I ever thought possible when he started to sing the song (Memories of Us by Keith Urban) to me - loud enough for others to hear. He didn't look away from me while he pointed perfectly at my Mom and sang "I wanna honor your mother" then to my Dad for "I wanna learn from your pa". As sweet as this was, I hung in there until "but its alright now" - I was toast. That will, I'm sure, be the most romantic moment of my life. I love my husband.

A weekend of reminiscing and fun just wouldn't have been complete without flashing back to the dorms with serenades from Chris and Todd. While there isn't much for me that can top those two singing "The Freshman", Chris' rendition of Limp Bizkit's "Faith" comes pretty close. Yes, we're still at the wedding here - we also impressed Justin the DJ with requests for House of Pain and 2Pac.
That nervous Eric the night before the wedding certainly threw Erin off target - he really surprised her when he proposed after the reception...
The entire weekend couldn't have possibly been better... While it will be a much warmer party, we look very forward to Erin & Eric's wedding next summer - on my BIRTHDAY!
Love to you,
Jamie

No comments:
Post a Comment