2.16.2009

photo-worthy salad...

Week 3 of the month notice to Avery is complete! Friday night (the 13th), the HR team I'm joining in just a couple of weeks had a get-together. Todd and I headed over to Sarah's place in Ohio City (downtown) for the occasion. We really had a great time getting to meet everyone and their significants - makes the first day less frightening when you've already shared a cocktail or four. I'd like to say that it is just because I'm such a delight to be around; however, I have a feeling my new counterpart, Gretchen, is also very anxious to have some help! When the org announcement went out last week, she said people asked if she hired her sister... wait until they see the height difference -that will clear things right up!


Ended up being quite a late night - like I said... a VERY fun group :) The next day, Patty/Jim/Buoy finally arrived for the celebration: Valentines Day, Mom & Dad's 39th wedding anniversary and something up my sleeve.

Well known for documenting everything with a photo - I managed to stump Mom when she saw me snapping a photo of the salad before I served them. She soon realized why... a new kind of "heart beet". Happy Valentine's Day!



I scored us some USDA Prime steak and made (Sue Ann worthy) twice baked potatoes while Todd grilled those steaks to perfection! Such a happy guy...


Mom was thrilled she didn't have to cook and Dad was excited to not be battling it out at the restaurants with the rest of cupids latest victims. What a wonderful way to celebrate heart-day and an anniversary... chocolate souffles were baked up a bit later.


Sunday night, I started baking as soon as we got home from dinner. Dad believed that I was making muffins for work the next day - tricky kid. Soon, I presented him with a strawberry frosted cupcake for his birthday. The big day isn't until March 1, but I knew I wouldn't see him again before then and they head out for vacation the next week. Happy Birthday Dad!



Thanks for a wonderful weekend, Mom/Dad & Buoy! We couldn't have thought of a better way to spend it. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be headed back to the guitar store tomorrow to make a certain purchase. Wanna bet?


Todd's Valentine - 12 years running,
jamie.

No comments: