To celebrate our anniversary, we decided to take a weekend trip to stay at Embassy Suites Niagara. Given that it is the middle of winter, the deals at Niagara were quite good. So good in fact, that Sue and Doug decided to join us :)
We didn't pass a single Starbucks from Cleveland to Niagara... once in the hotel, Sue zeroed in on the in-house Starbucks and I was close behind. The guys checked in and knew right where to find us.
An amazing view from the comfort of our wonderful WARM suite...

Over the course of 24 hours, we actually made 2 trips over to the casino. Not sure that Doug understands why they put the cashiers in the cage - seems he let himself right in! Of course, when I snapped this photo, Todd had me convinced that you weren't allowed to take photos in the casino and I was going to get in trouble. Consistently gullible.
We finally gambled off all of our snacking and headed to dinner at the hotel TGIFridays. The doubled prices didn't phase us since we had vouchers with our hotel package; however, it did prove to be an interesting visit. After waiting quite awhile (it was NOT busy), the manager finally stopped over to say "there had been an issue with [Doug's] steak and our dinner would be right out". Once everything finally got there, the steak was okay but my sandwich was coated in mayo. Remain calm - enjoy the food - enjoy the company - order the brownie sundae! I almost didn't order it because if it was substandard, I may have lost it. Todd knew the answer to this situation and immediately told the waitress to bring the brownie. :)
Sue asked her what the "issue" with the steak had been... she said, "you promise you won't get mad?". Really, that's what she said. We had wagered our bets: they forgot to make the steak, made the steak wrong, dropped it on the floor, gave it to another table. All wrong. Someone on the expo line (where they prep the food to go out from the kitchen) ATE IT! Yes, an employee reached across the line and ate Doug's steak. I was amazed to find out that individual was still employed. The sundae (to which the waitress added one extra brownie) was just as amazing as the steak explanation. It may have taken 2 hours, but it was a great dinner! As you can see, Doug was still pouting from his steak episode - just kidding, Dad.
The next morning, Todd and I finally made our way down to the breakfast - so much food and seats by the window over the falls. Not bad! Someone was spying on us from the cereal bar...

Strangely enough, before the last six months, I had never been to Vegas or Niagara Falls - check and check. I hadn't gambled much before either - check. Tested and proven in the U.S. and Canada... my luck remains in love.
Such and eventful and wonderful 2 years... here's to being happier with each day!
deciding whether to hit or stand,
jamie.

1 comment:
I love you guys and thank you for letting us share your little trip to NF. We had a great time and also a great "romantic" room overlooking the falls. The prices at that Starbucks didn't thrill me, but I just had to have it.... I'm hooked, what can I say.
Post a Comment