It's been a year and Jack Connors is 1! Laura's friend Cameron hosted a fantastic party... thankfully, his Dad and most of the guests were OSU fans since the shindig landed on the big Iowa game day.
Our gift for Jack was more for his family to enjoy now and for him to [hopefully] appreciate later... since it wasn't quite little-one friendly, I gifted not long after arriving. I asked Laura for a word to describe "Slim" and a color she'd display in her home. Thankfully, she didn't press me for details - this is what she got:
I was pretty proud of it, but you never know... we're picky, er, "choosy" as my friend Jarred once corrected himself. A great stress was lifted off of my shoulders when I got the "oooh" and could tell she loved it. Hooray!
Short of wedding photos, this may be one of the only photos of our duo... how great is the Paul Frank decor?!?
Outside to get some photos and play in the "big" gift for the day...

Rachel Jacobus shot the photos... I love this one.

It was great to see Jenny and Stephan... they are expecting soon - I think I'll be making another canvas!

They look adorable - they must have paid attention to where Rachel had her camera pointed. I didn't... more entertainment for Jack when he grows up, I suppose. There really was a band playing - I promise.

The entire party was fantastic, but a shining moment was certainly "cake time". These Paul Frank crowned cupcakes from the Suisse Shop were exquisite... they were gourmet versions of the hostess cupcakes we all know and love. Oh my - soooo good.

Even more impressive was Jack's Julius cake. He was completely fascinated by the flicker of the candle - took a minute to devour the cake... but the fondant was off and the mess was on in no time.

Iowa so lost,
jamie.
No comments:
Post a Comment