6.28.2009

if you keep feeding me...

Being the ridiculously dedicated and wonderful father that he is, my dad headed to Cleveland on Thursday to help us put some finishing touches on the master bath. The plan was for him to head to Port Clinton on Friday - which turned into Saturday...

Saturday morning the three of us enjoyed omelets on the new table outside. It was an absolutely gorgeous morning and I asked if he was going to head to the lake (meaning Port Clinton - yes, I'm fully aware Cleveland is on "the lake"). He replied, "well, if you keep feeding me, I might not ever leave".



I simply said, "Let me call mom". She was out shopping when I called and in less than 30 minutes was en route with Buoy! Just a few hours later, while the boys were at Guitar Center, I was painting the bathroom when she arrived with a new haircut. I thought it looked adorable, but I had been so excited to show her some photos of a new cut I was going to propose. She loved it - my salon had an appointment - I had some painting to finish - she was off for her 2nd haircut of the day! I love it. Soon, she was newly coiffed and quite content.



Finally finished with the painting, I visited on the deck with the family. Refusing to get up from my cozy deck blanket, Todd opted to take photos of my hiccup attack instead of getting water. Always happy to provide entertainment.



Buoy enjoyed the relaxing visit too... this dog secretly poses for photos.



It truly was a perfect Ohio summer weekend... I don't think we ate a meal inside.



Some of my father-in-law's talent rubbed off on me... I love my flowers!


Mr. Gnome was very pleased with the impromptu family weekend. In fact, thanks to the wonders of facebook, I was able to stalk the Wilt family and ended up getting a much desired visit from them on their way back to Columbus.



all we need is a shower door (+ dad's help again),
jamie.

No comments: