12.21.2008

that kid is back in the wax!

The twelfth season at Peek'n Peak - somewhat bittersweet this time, but always wonderful.

It's tough to believe, but we've been Peak regulars for 12 seasons. I'm unfortunately without a scanner, so I can only flash back 5 years to 2003...

I must be one of the luckiest girls in Peek'n Peak history - I usually traveled with these two (Todd and Sean) plus some other eye candy. I can't tell you how much I love these two boarders.


We still sport the same jackets (amazing, eh?)... a bit different hair for yours truly these days.


This was the first time in awhile that Todd and I have flown totally solo for the December Peak trip. Aaron lives close enough that he joined us at the end of the trip for some Tavern/Pub action.

Saturday evening, Aaron showed up for some time in the hot tub and sauna. We were all in the sauna with a local yocal and some other random guy. After a bit, I announced that I was going to "go get Tavern-ready". I left and the random guy asked Todd if Tavern was our kid! He was like, no... she's getting ready to go to the tavern - I guess the local guy was in hysterics. I wasn't there, but it still seems so funny. Tavern Musacchio... what do you think?!?

Off to the French Creek Tavern for our usual smorgasbord (pizza, wings and nachos - the food of champions) and quality shuffleboard play. It was so dark when I took these photos that I didn't notice the little girl that appears to be quite enamored with the guys.


I need to submit this photo to one of my favorite blogs... they capture photos of "interesting" signs people use in an attempt to communicate. This sign has been up since we've been going to the Tavern - and was up likely long before. The scoring apparatus has never worked, but at least they decorated it properly! Anyway, I find it hysterical that the little girl appears to belong to Todd and look what she's doing - playing in the wax! It reminds us of the movie Mallrats and the escalator scene - THAT KID IS BACK IN THE WAX!


From the Tavern to the Regency Pub. For those of you that attended our wedding, this is the bar downstairs where the reception continued... the band that night happened to be the same one from 2.3.07...

This photo was followed by about an hour of these two calling each other "motor-boat captions/you sailor you" - Wedding Crasher quote and us watching a group of hungry cougars (older ladies on the prowl) dance it up. Aaron about passed out when I asked Todd if he wanted me to take his ring so he'd appear more available to cougars!


We still love the Peak, but I hope they start to put a bit more effort into keeping the experience wonderful. I looked back at photos from 1997 that Todd and I took because we were so excited about the room... unfortunately the rooms are precisely the same - no changes at all - and it just appears that they are starting to cut corners. Also, I want to believe that if I ran a hotel, I would make an effort to acknowledge guests that have returned for over a decade and even had their wedding in my establishment. Oh well - it was a more sentimental than luxurious trip; however, we do love the Peak.. that will never change.

Clay, Garrett and Sean were definitely missed...

shuffleboard line judge,
jamie.

No comments: