Todd and I got to Las Vegas around 2pm and the cabbie's first question was, "are you meeting others or will it be just the two of you for the weekend". I believe Todd was watching my reaction just in case, but my poker face is far better than my poker skills - he bought it.
We stayed at the Palazzo which was quite a treat - my first trip to Vegas had some lush digs indeed.
I loved that our suite had this fantastic sofa... Todd had no idea we'd be able to fill it with friends and family!
My phone wasn't cooperating and I had to be rather sneaky in order to get our room number to Dave (who just happened to have a room at Palazzo). Dave is one of Todd's closest friends (I love him dearly too) and we don't get to see him nearly enough since he lives on the East Coast. In fact, we were at Peek'n Peak for a very special ceremony the last time we were all together. I wasn't able to capture the moment when Todd opened the door and Dave tackled him, but here's my happy husband with his friend heading downstairs for yet another surprise!
We walked through the casino and look who Todd found - Mom & Dad! At this point, he was completely stunned and beyond impressed at all of our surprise skills. We love our family and friends so much - I can't even begin to tell you how fulfilling it was to pull this off. Todd was genuinely happy.
We had something to celebrate and were all ravenous so Doug treated us to a birthday buffet at the Wynn. Looks like this guy can't handle his shrimp! At least Mom was happy!

After dinner, we cleaned up our act and headed to see KÀ, a Cirque du Soleil show at MGM Grand... from that night on, we had a new addition to our family - that's Tatum on the bed. Someone had told us that they didn't recommend being close at these shows - they're out of their mind. We could see every detail of the costumes and the man disguised as a very flexible bug was my favorite.
Todd and I aspire to figure out how to match the finger puppet show before we have kids... it could be awhile.
Dave's friend Vanessa and I were adoring the humidity-free weather and the perfectly straight hair it brought; however, Todd was dangerously close to an 80's do' at this point... I'm glad he was soon able to bring back the curls! Vanessa's cousin, Tim, was nice enough to take this photo... Todd and I met up with Dave, Vanessa, Tim and his wife, Heather (they recently moved to Vegas) for delicious drinks at Stripburger; however, we had some important dinner plans and couldn't enjoy what appeared to be great food.

After another wardrobe change, the four of us were off to Tao for Vanessa's (actual) birthday... they neglected to seat us at our reservation time, but that allowed for some yummy cocktails and photo snapping, so we were content.

Thank God that Todd's hair was back... Dave, I love when you (try to) look like a badass.
Dave and I laughed at the heat of the "Wasabi Crusted Filet" and proceeded to cover it with additional wasabi. Maybe we are badass after all. Dave, did I mention we were happy you came to Vegas?!?Happy Birthday, Vanessa! I hope (for Dave's sake) that your fortune came true. Thanks for picking a fantastic restaurant - we are still dreaming of those dumplings!

Vanessa was the birthday girl and she wanted to check out Tao's nightclub... our server scored us some passes and we opted to do solo as those guys would cost us (they look good, but cost big bucks at the door). It was a gorgeous, but very dark, club... I think we were just a bit in shock from the girls in large metal tubs, virtually naked and draped in flower petals at the door. Once we walked in, we were greeted by yet another vixen that appeared to be quite "happy". We carved out our own little dance floor and enjoyed a show from 4 married guys at a private table that were dancing it up - with each other. If it hadn't been so dark, we would have captured the moment when they all sat down and started texting their wives. It was classic.
We left and called the boys - they were at Wynn gambling. Turns out that Todd ran into his Aunt Marianne and Uncle Rich there - imagine that! On the way in, we were still in full out photo shoot mode... for a desert, these places have some pretty impressive fountains - I just tried not to think about it!

The next morning, Todd finally figured out that I had requested a 5-top for 3 people... he calmly asked, "who's coming to breakfast" and was clear that he knew I had something up my sleeve. I told him that he wasn't supposed to see Rich and Marianne until now and they were meeting us for breakfast. Perfect - hook, line and sinker. In walks Auntie Karn (my Mom's sister, Karen) and Mom - YIPPEE! He quickly realized that their big Vegas trip was not in November!
Later that night = dinner party for Todd at The Pink Taco in the Hard Rock Casino. I'll tell you about the interesting dinner entertainment over a few drinks, if ever given the chance. Let's just say that if I had any faith that I could throw a punch while standing in heels (or at all), I would have been in my first fight. We were all enjoying such great food and margaritas that we were able to laugh it off, but what a night. I just wish our own "knock-out", Marianne, would have stood up and scared the sh*t out of that less than savory tramp that screamed "Bring it on b*tch" as she was escorted out of the restaurant. Hey, drama follows gorgeous groups of people!
I snagged a guy outside the restaurant to take a group photo of us; however, he didn't put down his smokey treat to do so... pretty fantastic photo, but we did a re-shoot as well.

Here's our group! Todd and I plus 8... Happy Birthday, Toddy! Thanks to this group for making it one of the best weekends in our life.
Oh those Musacchio men... I don't know why Doug was surprised when I gave him a huge hug the FIRST time I met him - wouldn't you?!?
We love Patty and Karen... two very cute sisters. I love how sneaky my mom looks in this candid - I'm sure Karen had to put up with that look for many years before I came around. They made the journey back home a week later and were both sick - at least they looked fabulous at dinner!

We stocked that Mexican restaurant with very delectable Italian men, no doubt.
On Sunday, I couldn't pry Todd and Dave from the blackjack tables at Treasure Island. I wanted to go back to Wynn because it was nicer and I sweet-talked Karen & Patty into coming with me. Mom and I figured that Karen had wandered off and found a poker machine she loved... we just stayed put and waited for her to come to us. Check out this draw... good date.
Little did I know that things were not good and Auntie Karn wouldn't be happy when we finally found her! She heard of Patty's good fortune at one of the machines and insisted I take her to that exact location. Thank God that it was still a "good machine" because it saved the day! In no time, we had her winning, on her way to a free dinner with Kahlua and creme in hand. Whew - crisis averted. I played long enough to get a free buffet at Wynn too and the four of us went back for more feasting before leaving the lovely ladies to enjoy their show.
Later that night, I got to see the Bellaggio fountains and the Botanical Garden (don't worry, Sue, I took photos as instructed!).
Monday morning came and we were off to the Las Vegas airport. These three guys were so loud - we couldn't stop laughing because they were all so fat and obnoxious. Todd said, "at least you aren't stuck between them" - well, a little photoshop magic and there I am. Awesome.
As you near the 30th anniversary of your birth, I'm sure it is nice to know you've got a great career, beautiful home and striking good looks - but, it's priceless to know... to really know that you are loved. Todd is one very loved man and I'm thrilled to say that he thoroughly enjoyed his Las Vegas surprise.
my luck is in love... not in vegas,
jamie.

2 comments:
First of all Jamie...i LOVE that brown dress of yours. Second of all I want to hear the pink taco story!!
Third of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Luigi. Love you lots!!
Shanahan
Oh my, what fun we had. We will never forget Todd's 3oth that's for sure. Love Mom
Post a Comment