Sue, Doug and Kristen drove up by Todd & I to camp at Punderson State Park - justified because "we had to travel later that week" (more to come on that comment - wink wink). The days were gorgeous, but the nights were super cold - dropping into the 30's. Todd was a bit surprised by what I was wearing to bed, but we were both warm & toasty with our down comforter and 2 sleeping bags. We did hear some weird noises in the night, but didn't realize the chaos that was stirring in the tent nearby.

Sorry for the head tilt to come, but the re-enactment by Kristen is worth it. Let's just say that they had one cot (purchased circa 1970 at JCPenny's), one airbed, 3 sleeping bags (one summer weight), one heater (that turned out to be broken) and one electric blanket. Doug had the summer bag and the cot!
I was a bit delusional in my search for a pet and made friends with Mr. Wools...

The kayak found some calmer waters (as compared to the shore of NC)... Todd and I took it to the other end of the lake - so great! No worries, we were fully compliant and TAGS as required by the geniuses in Ohio were secured before the trip. Tags for "paddlecraft" - oh my.

I swapped places with Kristen and she headed back down the lake with Todd.

Sue, Doug and I took a leisurely walk back to meet Kristen and Todd. Along the way, Doug tried to lure some fishies onto his pole. No fish, but quite a great photo.

During the quiet fishy time, Sue and I sat at the top of the dock steps... we could hear chipmunks running everywhere - there must be tons of them at this park. We could see two of them off to our left jumping and playing. I said to Sue, "I wish one of them would just run right in front of us!". Oh, he did... and then ran right up next to Sue's leg on the steps - this photo is with no zoom on a point and shoot. SO CUTE! Had I been able to catch him (I didn't try), he was definitely worth of a maul.

I think I could probably find a good shot of each of us to make a composite "good photo" of the family around the campfire. This is a much funnier compilation though... seriously, look at each person - it's hysterical.
Saturday night, we opted to leave late, after much chili and s'more eating... to sleep in beds and watch the OSU game. Kristen wanted to shower (imagine that!) before heading on a plane back to NYC later that morning. Good times for sure.content to sleep anywhere next to todd,
jamie.

2 comments:
Kristen is soooooooo cute! I want to meet her sometime soon :)
p.s. The rest of you are pretty darn cute too. I loved the pic of Doug fishing!!!
Shannon
The cold is coming from underneath!
Post a Comment