What a great way to start a holiday weekend! It just doesn't seem possible that it is time for Chili Dip and mini-PigsinaBlanket... cool breeze, sunshine and FOOTBALL! Where did summer go again? I know that isn't quite a unique statement, but really, where did it go?
To celebrate our early afternoon victory, our guests (Mom & Dad Musacchio) headed out to the deck - shocker! After admiring the mint, I was inspired to make Sue a mojito even though that is typically Patty's drink. She nursed it, but enjoyed it.
237 - nice work.
You can almost see what Todd is planning... more cornhole!
Sue has skills - the mojito got her relaxed and ready for battle...
So, I made myself a drink too!
During their visit, we enjoyed the deck and could hear the slew of birds feasting in the background. Sue had to stand in order to see them over the railing (how cute is that?!?) - after standing there for a good 5 minutes straight with the binoculars, I pulled a stool out for her. This is what I found another 10 minutes later. Those flying pigs are pretty fascinating - that's why I continue to meet their demands.
Before Mom & Dad headed back to Columbus, we took a detour to Findley State Park - just past Medina, not Findley. Todd and I have found we love camping and have picked up some faithful followers along the way (Mom, Dad, Schal, Chris & Gracie), but our needs are best met by some skillful scouting of sites in advance. Not necessarily high-maintenance, but I do like my fire privacy. (This is a technical camping term describing the chances that others can observe and/or interact with you during your special s'more time - minimizing outside interaction is preferred.) Sue and I were straggling a bit at the start of the scouting trip - look what we found at the Nature Center. I'm at a loss for words...

The final day of the weekend was spent indulging in one of Todd's deals... I will maybe admit what we did and show photos at a later date, but for now I'll just leave you with 4 words: pool table front room. It's a combination of Todd's dealing skills, a day off from work, an adventurous couple and lack of good sense!
Rack'em up?!?!,
jamie

No comments:
Post a Comment