9.14.2008

don't get any ideas...

Doesn't that just look like what Doug is thinking? That, or, "Where's my grandchild?!?". Either angle would work, I guess.

September 13th was a very baby-centric day. Bethany was nice enough to bring Jude over for a visit to Mom & Dad Musacchio's house. This child is seriously adorable and tolerant! We kept stealing him from the next person and he was pretty content to just be popular. By the time he got to Doug - he just went to sleep!


Todd hung out with Jude in the background while Bethany and I posed for a photo. Is it just me or does it appear that she is presenting me as a prize on the Wheel or Fortune... or as something for sale on the HSN?!? That is fantastic. It doesn't even seem possible that she was in full prego mode just 3 months earlier. This woman is amazing.



Patty took a liking to Mr. Jude too... I love this photo!


I told you it was all about babies this day... after Bethany and Jude left... Patty, Todd and I headed to Laura and Kevin's Baby Shower. It is tough to believe that after 10 years, we finally managed to pose without someone torturing the other (Laura and Todd!). Jack is smiling - you just can't tell.


Todd had never been to a shower... I neglected to tell him ahead of time that there tend to be games at such events. Oops. Next thing I knew, he was competing with this fine group to be the first to finish a baby bottle. He opted for lemonade and his victory was foiled by a rougue bit of pulp.


So, while Todd heard a few comments during the day alluding to me "getting ideas" about having a baby. He wasn't worried - he knows we'll be ready when we're ready.

He did however start to get nervous when Cheryl (Laura's mom) revealed the new PUPPY! I do indeed have ideas, but I'll wait until our freedom is limited by something else, but seriously - look at this dog! The photo almost captures how damn soft he is... oh my - Todd was afraid I would maul him until no fur remained. Finn the pup is still in tact and both Cheryl and Todd ensured that I didn't hide him in my bag before heading out that evening. Even though he looks to be plotting his escape, I'm sure he misses me as much as I miss him.



No "ideas" took hold, but we did have a fantastic friend, family, SOFT puppy and baby (that was particularly soft as well) filled day... it doesn't get much better. The day would have been perfect without the final baby reference:

We about cried like babies after the "game which we will not speak of".

dreaming of jude, jack & finn...

jamie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok so I love Todd but I love him even more how seeing how he is cradling Jude's head and Bethany auctions you off Vanna White-style. Seriously....J.Love...er, I mean BETHANY is amazing. She could be a model nevermind that she just popped out a kiddo 3 mos. ago.

J.Ho - you look amazing as well. Your hair looks brighter......and it's growing......I love it.

p.s. Tell Todd I'm leaving him and his beloved Luigi in the dust 10/25. Counting down the days...

Love to you both,
Shanahan

josh and darci said...

I'm so glad that you posted pictures of baby Jude!! He's adorable. I've got to get Bethany to send me some more pics. My sis is preggers and if it's a boy they'll be naming him Jude too. How funny... I don't know any other Judes. Hope that you and the Toddster are doing well. Let me know when you want to plan a trip to Music City :)