Soon after moving in, we bought a bird feeder and hung it in the tree outside of our kitchen glass door. With the snow Cleveland has had this winter and the fact that I finally was religious about filling the feeder - the birds now know the Musaccs quite well.
It's a decent size feeder and they are little birds, but I fill it up about every 1-2 days - flying pigs!
Here's our cardinal striking a pose - I think he's been watching America's Next Top Model from outside the living room window.

The family bought us a birdwatching book and binoculars (I heard a few snickers) for Christmas - we use them! Many birds have joined our northern cardinals... mourning doves (below), blue jays, carolina chickadees, savannah sparrows, dark-eyed juncos, red-winged blackbirds and the common grackle. It's kind of sad that he is named "common" because he is a huge blue and bronze bird - still camera shy.

Enjoy the seed,
Jamie

No comments:
Post a Comment