
I was caught taking photos of the two of them spying on the hermit crabs and snails. Bentley (and Melissa) thought I was crazy for being so worried about him jumping the rocks. I think my subconscious didn't want to spend the week in the ER! We all survived... how cute are these two?
For two people (Bentley doesn't care) that get bugged by crowds and strange noises, we made the brave decision to try the Aquarium on a SATURDAY. After we were effectively pissed off by the stupid jerks that painted the convention center to look like an aquarium... we got away from the circus (literally) and found the real aquarium. Surprisingly enough, they had quite a Lorikeet display. In one of the videos I took, you can hear the parents asking their kids why the birds wouldn't drink from them! Then you hear one guy telling his daughter to let him kiss her hand where the bird pinched her... let daddy fix it, it certainly wasn't her fault that she chased the bird down and nearly attacked the poor thing. I'm so glad Bentley didn't have to hang out with annoying lame adults like those people! It's simple, the birds liked his festive shirt and long blonde locks - deal with it 'rents!

No fear for Bentley, he got right in and gave the stingray a little feel. I was even brave enough to do it - I mean, I couldn't let an 8 year-old show me up!
After the aquarium (where we picked up a new family member... Murphy, the BIG baby emperor penguin) and a nice walk, we headed home. It took some time to figure out what we wanted to do for dinner, but ironically enough, we ended up getting sushi. I wish I would have realized at the time that we spent all day looking at beautiful fish and then dined on them. Bentley continued to surprise me (in a GOOD way) and polished off the huge plate of sushi rolls I ordered for him. I look over and he is grinning ear to ear with just one left! Since our dinner selection had been so healthy, we made some pretty fantastic chocolate fondue for dessert at home. mmmmmmmm
Thankfully, when momma Sue called me soon after I arrived in Long Beach, she reminded me that Aunt Marianne and Uncle Rich live not far from LA. We dropped Bentley at school on Monday and headed south to Lake Forest. Marianne and Rich have an absolutely beautiful home - the only thing that could have made the visit better was to get to give a gigantic hug to Rich himself. We were the first breakfast customers at this gorgeous restaurant called The Cliff in Laguna Beach. After we got to gabbing, it sounded like the place was packed! Marianne is just one of the perks that comes from marrying a gem like Todd. She has such an intoxicating personality and just makes life down right fun! She was impressed by the auburn hair and bright blue eyes of her company that morning - she was pretty easy on the eyes herself. Uncle Rich is a lucky man.
My week in Cali gave me an opportunity to unwind a bit, see three of my favorite family members and visit new places. Rivaled only by the delectable tapas on the last day, the shopping was incredible - I bought things for my husband (who looks great in anything) and my sister (who can wear the clothes I love but that were so obviously not made for me!).
Thanks to Melissa & Bentley for the hospitality and wonderful memories... and to Marianne for the wonderful breakfast date overlooking the ocean. Too bad those dolphins couldn't share the bloody mary's.
Back to the land of interviews!
With love,
the non-bronzed jamie

No comments:
Post a Comment