With a few calls to my cousin Kathy, we were able to find the Nutter Tailgate... Charlie was busy grilling it up, but I got a quick hug. Luc also had a quick cameo before he had to take off again to shoot the game for CoachTressel.com.

The (relatively) new parents of Evan Cundy - Chris and Julie...

At first, I wasn't too thrilled that our seats were on the bleacher side underneath the JumboTron. I quickly retracted any complaints once I realized we had one of the few shaded spots without being the chumps stuck underneath c-deck. It was seriously hot and the shade was wonderful. Julie was a responsible mom and brought sunscreen for all of us - good thing since no shade was to be found around their horseshoe-end seats.
I desparately wanted to continue my peanut m&m consumption from Sue & Doug's house... everyone else was asleep the night before and I couldn't find any small baggies to secure my stash. Julie finally got sick of me digging through the cabinets and handed me a breast milk bag. Hey, you do what you have to do. I wonder if anyone at the game noticed that my m&m's were in a "my mommy's milk" bag.

Fantastic game... it's pretty nice to not have complete and utter disgust for the opposing team - I mean, the Navy is technically your country - are you really going to say the same things to them as you would Michigan or Penn State? I think not. They had a wonderul halftime honoring the various military branches along with multipe script Ohio's gracing the field from the current and alumni bands.
Our Labor Day sports weekend continued at the new Clippers field - Huntington Park in the Arena District (downtown Columbus).


Being in the Arena District reminded me of Salty Caramel ice cream(so famous it has its own blog) from Jeni's at the North Market. I tried to search for the phone number on the web from my work blackberry and thought there had to be a mistake when about 6 numbers were listed. I guess a lot changes when you don't live in a city... you can get Jeni's almost everywhere including the grocery store! We stopped at the Dublin location on the way home. Before leaving, I picked up a few treats and left a surprise for Patty and Jim when they returned from the lake. I didn't get the flavor below, but had to show Patty.
best labor day weekend ever spent away from Lake Erie,


No comments:
Post a Comment