The half full argument... I think the world of Ram and would trust him with anything. Even though Todd had never met him, he felt the same because he knew that without Ram, I may not have survived that year. Knowing that the return to India was just around the corner, and despite a VERY snowy Cleveland, we finally managed to get together for dinner. What a great time and what a gorgeous family!
Ram with the twins - Keshav (left) and Karthik (right).
Sudha with Kavya...
These three are absolutely a blast and always on the move - I'm lucky we managed to have 3 out of 4 with eyes towards the camera. They were very tolerant of the 4 grown-ups!
It is said very frequently, but I really don't think it is easy to top this cuteness... seriously. He was just waiting to pounce on the array of sweeteners strategically placed on every table. In the end, I do believe he succeeded in taking them out faster than I could replace them.
This scene was in full motion - Todd was just lucky to catch a key moment with a point-and-shoot. All 3 had decided to take cover under the table behind us... they were so much fun.
I knew Ram was wonderful, but never would have expected to enjoy the company of his wife, Sudha equally as much. She graciously offered to make it worth our while to take a trip to India... we're hoping to take her up on the offer next year when they are more settled and the best season there (winter) has returned. It will be nice to see these little ones again too - I think I'm attached... especially, since I seem to be special enough for Karthik to give me a hug goodbye.
I'm writing this a bit after the fact... they left the following Friday and are now safely back in India. All were well behaved for the first few hours from both the USA to Germany and then Germany to India - the rest may have been described as pure torture, but you didn't hear that from me! In any case, Todd and I wish this beautiful family the best and look very forward to seeing them soon.
Ram, Sudha, Kavya, Karthik and Keshav - thanks for spending some of your last stateside moments with us - much love to you!
decidedly "half full",
jamie

No comments:
Post a Comment