1.04.2009

could we have the hot chocolate now?

The rest of the NYE 09' crew headed out early Friday morning, with the exception of Thais and Garrett. Thais wanted to learn how to ski... While Todd was at work, Garrett ran a few errands and I broke Thais into the idea of skiing by trying out the Wii Ski game - look at our Miis on the lift!


The three of us headed over to Brandywine which is less than 5 miles away! She had all of the stylish gear, we just needed to get her some equipment and it was off to the bunny hill...



Garrett hung out with us for a bit - he wanted to see the first attempt... skis are on - let's go!


Wait, what's that we see?!? Todd!

The guys stood by to make sure I didn't hurt Thais...


As the resident ski instructor tortured his students and made them walk up and down the smallest section of the bunny hill (about like your driveway, probably)... my student was showing everyone up and heading up the rope tow with no issue. Just a few times down the bunny to ensure she felt in control and we were off to bigger and better things. The guys headed off and we kept working on turns - the lift was the only thing that intimidated her at all. Of course, she never did fall getting on... or off... or going downhill. She'll say she fell once, but it was merely a knee to the ground while standing still. What a first time!

Even though she lives in Michigan now and is quite used to snow, after about 90 minutes, she asked me, "Could we have the hot chocolate now?". ADORABLE! We found a bar that would add some Baileys and we were set.

After the guys finally found us (I'd forgotten my phone) - we headed out for a few longer runs with them. Thais just got better and better. I was (and remain) very impressed.

Thais and Garrett on the lift behind us...


Thais, thanks for making me look like a fantastic teacher - I'll ski with you anytime (real or virtual). I can't wait until next time - Colorado anyone?!?

watch out or I'll take your poles away,
jamie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie,

I couldn't have asked for a better ski instructor! I love skiing and can't wait to have that experience with you again!Only hope to aspire to be as good as you are!
I am so lucky to have been able to spend new years and my first ski experience with such awesome friends!
Thank you for hosting such a great party! I will go as far as to say my best new year yet!
Hope to get to hang out with you and Todd soon...
Love
Thais
ps: Thanks for the massage too...it was the best I have ever received!

Anonymous said...

Jamie,

Thanks for a great time, in 09, at 237 its fine!

You were a great ski instructor and an even better host!

Thanks for the food and Cleveland-ish hospitality.

Garrett