I had an employee relations issue and the team in question returned from our holiday break on Saturday the 3rd - yes, Saturday - welcome back to reality. Driving all the way to Mentor on a Saturday night for just a couple hours of work seemed unbearable until I thought of a way to welcome my misery with company.
Todd and Aaron used to spend quite a bit of time at The Avenue when Todd lived up that way for work. I had even been several times for the company Christmas outing. Aaron was game so Todd rode up with me and I dropped him there and went on to work. When I returned a couple of hours later, I found a very 'silly' Todd. With his tolerance, we rarely get to see him this tipsy and it was hysterical. I think the bartender was about to just give him a bottle of patron and a straw. I looked at this photo on the camera and said something about inebriation - Todd said, "You left me at the bar... what was I supposed to do?!?". LOVE IT.
The Avenue really is the 90's - we saw REAL mullets and found where all of the world's bright white athletic shoes and stonewashed denim was hiding. It was 'hungry pack of cougars part II" - they were everywhere and they were a dancin'. Doing the twist... to Green Day. The band had some style, but thankfully entertained us with Beastie Boys, Green Day, Sublime and Weezer. Add in the cozy booth, yummy food and people watching - you're guaranteed to have a good time.
Aaron helping out with lead vocals...
Ooooh, a duet... nothing will cheer you up after a Saturday night workplace investigation like these two.
The highlight of the night was the sighting of "the rapist". I can't possibly explain this enough for you to get the joke or possibly think it is appropriate, but I can't help it. This guy has been going there probably longer than them and always used to peer through the fish tank by the bar at the ladies on the dance floor. Well, the fish tank is gone, but the guy remains. At one point, Aaron said, "You know, he's kind of a scary mofo if you think about it...". Todd replied, "What do you mean if you think about it, that's why we call him the rapist". I was crying by this point.
Thanks for turning unfortunate work timing into a great night out in NE Ohio. God bless The Avenue.
he's right behind me - isn't he?
jamie.

No comments:
Post a Comment