Neither of us could remember an outing without someone else from our clan in attendance, but what a way to spend time together. Even Matt admitted that he didn't expect me to invite him to NIN... He apparently dressed himself for a visit to see Jamie and then realized he was going to a NIN show and it was hot outside - whew - that was dangerously close to Matt in a button-down.
Cheers to cousins!
Off to the Q...
At the risk of you being jealous, I'll just put it right out there - yes, we were close enough for me to take these with a point&shoot that wasn't even on the highest resolution. This is "Fro Guy" - we were great friends for a few hours, but I didn't catch his name. His hair was fascinating (almost as much as the girl's in front of us - right, Matt?). Fro Guy was a new addition to the NIN tour and I commend Trent on this decision. He reminded me of Crabman on Earl - love it.
While the faux-Crabman was quite a sight... I could actually tell that it was Trent Reznor on stage - from my seat. The work he put into the light show and the performance was honestly ridiculous and I was surrounded by 3 striking men - but that is TRENT! Sorry, just reverted back to being 10 years-old and mowing the lawn to Pretty Hate Machine (on a tape Walkman). Ah, the good ol' days.
Disclaimer: Matthew - don't watch! To the rest of you... enjoy a few moments of Hurt, courtesy of Trent Reznor not being a jerk and banning cameras. I'm glad he gets it - when people are obsessed with you, they want to go home to suburbia and relive those few moments. Good man.
Matthew was far too popular and had to jet early on Saturday for another concert (none of us were awake), but I'm hoping he'll be back soon after the bar/englishmuffinpizza service proved to be enjoyable. Clay stuck around and Aaron heard 237 was open... these guys played some serious competitive corn hole and I kept the margaritas flowing and the brownies baking. Then the Wii started - such a great Saturday night. I actually went to bed before the rest (that is tough for an only child) and Aaron pretended to be awake for as long as he could - Todd and Clay ended up watching the USA Men's Basketball medal game until 5am. Wow - glad we got gold!
Thanks again to the Dads and Todd - this deck is amazing. I already love our home and our friends/family - this is icing on the cake for sure.
happy to still appreciate excellent music,
jamie.

1 comment:
I do believe I hit a ringer on that one.
Post a Comment