5.26.2008

the very very wise wii...

Memorial Day: Officially a day to commemorate U.S. men and women who died while serving their country. While I would never wish to take anything away from this day of remembrance, I continue to be thankful that my father returned home from his time in Vietnam and we can spend the days leading up to Memorial Day being thankful for another wondrous creation... the hand-dipped corn dog! The best of this rare variety are found at the Walleye Festival on Memorial Day weekend in Port Clinton, Ohio. Matthew returned for another visit to the Walleye Festival - he can be seen sporting one of Jim's prized hats during his 2006 visit. Matthew, Todd and I were no match for Patty... she couldn't even wait for Shannon to take the photo!



Shannon and Matthew headed back to Indiana on Sunday morning... Patty, Todd and I decided to load up the bikes and head off for a ride at Maumee Bay State Park while Jim did some fishing. It was a pretty easy ride, but certainly nice to not feel like a corn dog eating sloth - if only for a moment.


Patty makes it look so easy... I'm not sure if she thought she was posing for a Kohl's ad or if she just really wanted me to have a photo to document that "she's still got it". Either way, it is candid and she is fabulous.


Once back at home in Cleveland on Monday night, I was fixing dinner while Todd played WiiFit... He made the mistake of showing me the message below. This is proof that the Wii is indeed very very wise - I assure you that this photo is not doctored in any way, the Wii just knows. I honestly don't think it gets better than a video game telling your husband to pay more attention to you!


the Wii read my mind,
jamie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SHT!!!! Pay more attention to Jamie! ;) Excited to see you both on the 12th. Love you guys.