5.25.2009

don't start with doughnuts...

Family held the following two photos hostage - I have to share! Todd was truly in the Walleye spirit...


The hat didn't make it to the main event, but the fish belt surely did!



Seriously - I love him. Now back to the original post.

---------------------------------------------------

Gorgeous weather on Memorial Day weekend at Lake Erie... Walleye Festival here we come!

As if we planned it, Sue/Doug rolled into Port Clinton just a few minutes before Todd and I. It was soon time to head to "the podge", aka Jolly Roger. Todd caught some perch during the weekend - just not here. I've been going to this place since I can remember, but Doug was the one that ran into someone he knew from Columbus!



Tell me this woman doesn't look like she fed a seagull... while she may look guilty, I was the one feeding a sparrow from my seat. In my defense, it wasn't a seagull!




Finally time... Walleye Festival! Sue tried to weasel out of it a few times, but after about 11 years, we got the both sets of parents to go. My dad headed off to the British Invasion show right away - we joined later with delicious calzones - he was pleased. I, of course, had a hand-dipped corn dog. Seriously, I love those things. There is plenty of scenery at the festival to remind you why you shouldn't go for the 2nd one :) Nothing was stopping Patty from having Dippin' Dots on the way back to the music later that night - it was just like a toddler demand - "but Jamie... Dippin' Dots"!

The demise of the calzones:


Even though it wasn't a Beatles song... I don't think you'll argue that this is just brilliant - I adore these people. They (especially Doug) put Manfred Mann to shame.




Sunday brought a fishing excursion on Last Cast - for those that remember, this is a different boat - things didn't just seem bigger when we were young :) This is the more appropriately sized Last Cast with plenty of fishing room on the back. Take Doug's advice if you ever venture out - don't start your day with doughnuts - he got pretty up close and personal with the lake later that day.


oh the places (on the turnpike) you'll go...

jamie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it...we'll be back next year.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking either that boat was smaller or I was A LOT bigger :) And that Jolly Rogers sign made me want to head up there asap! Mmmmmm.... fried mushrooms.