12.16.2006

two at the peak

Just a week until Christmas... are we wrapping gifts?!? Of course not! Even though the weather was more suited for golf (thank goodness the clubs didn't fit in the truck with all the gear), we headed to Peek'n Peak for the annual pre-season stay and ski deal. Todd had his first real dose of wedding planning as we stopped in Erie and dropped things off at the cake decorators and the flower shop. He thought that the "tasks" were over until we headed past the Peak to go get the marriage license. I claim I was dumbfounded by the typewriter the town clerk used, but still can't deny that I was confused by the question of "is this your first?" -- as in MARRIAGE?!?

FINALLY, we got to the Peak and indulged in our first night of French Creek Tavern food and hot-tubbin'. I missed Clarke and the other chaps that often enjoyed a half-pitcher of Amber Bock with me... so I drank the whole thing myself!

The next day, it felt more like April than December... but they managed to get snow where it needed to be (well, mostly!).





All of that dirt spot dodging can take it out of a boarder...



The literal part of my mind wanted to continue to ponder why the darn place is called Eat'n Park when you PARK and then EAT, but I was distracted by the fact that my waffle actually had a smile on it like it did in the menu!


How can you beat that? Don't think you can, really. In making sure that I spelled Eat'n Park right... I just managed to solve the mystery for those that care -- it used to be a drive-in. That makes me feel better. Enjoy the education:

http://www.eatnpark.com/aboutus.asp

Just a week until Christmas and about 6 weeks until the wedding. Strange that after years of dragging at least a few with us to the Peak, season 9 was right back to the beginning... Two at the Peak.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's one of the few places to grab bkfst. out in Hookstown...I'll have to make a request to go for some of those "happy cakes". They look pretty fun!